November 8, 2020
Parents, this lesson is simple to use. Just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Thank you, family!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
1. Talk about it.
Review the Bible story and lesson together.
- What did Moses’ family do to protect and save his life? (Have your kids take turns telling the different parts of the story.)
- What was your favorite part of the story?
- Why does God give us parents?
- Why does God give us grandparents, aunts and uncles?
- Why does God give us brothers and sisters and cousins?
- How can we show our family members that we are thankful for them?
Here is a template you can use to color a thank you card for someone in your family. Inside, write down the things you appreciate about them.
2. Pray together.
Take turns praying for each other. Then close with this prayer:
Thank you for the gift of our family. Forgive us when we take each other for granted. Help us to love each other the way that you want us to — forgiving each other, protecting each other, serving each other. And thank you also for our church family. Please bless everyone and keep us all safe. We love you, Lord!
In Jesus’s name,
3. Sing together.
Practice our memory verse by singing it: