November 15, 2020
Parents, this lesson is simple to use. Just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Thank you, teachers!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
1. Talk about it.
Review the Bible story and lesson together.
- What kinds of things do you think Moses, Daniel, Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego learned in school?
- Why does God give us teachers? What would the world be like without them?
- Name something you like or admire about your school teacher.
- What are some things your teachers have helped you learn?
- Parents, share with your child a special memory about a teacher you had when you were young.
2. Put it into action
Make a card to send to your teachers! You can draw a picture on your own, or print a teacher appreciation coloring page from the Classroom Doodle website by clicking HERE.
In the card or on the back of the picture, write the things you appreciate about your teacher and how they have helped you. Tell them you are thankful for their hard work.
Talk about some other ways you can say “thank you” to your teachers this week.
3. Pray together.
Have each of your kids think about what their teacher might need, then let them say a prayer about that need. After they’ve each had a turn, close with this prayer:
Thank you for our teachers. Help us to remember all the hard work they do and to show them our appreciation. Please bless them, help them, and let them know You love them.
In Jesus’s name,
Encourage your children to pray regularly for their teachers.
4. Sing together.
Practice our memory verse by singing it:
Here’s a fun song of thanks: