November 22, 2020
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Thank you, God!!!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
1. Talk about it.
Review the Bible story and lesson together.
- In the Bible story, why did everyone know the woman? (Because she was a big sinner.)
- What was the woman carrying? (An expensive jar of perfume.)
- What did the woman do as she knelt at Jesus’ feet? (She cried tears onto his feet, dried them with her hair and kissed them. Then she poured all of her perfume from the jar onto His feet.)
- What did the other guests think about what she did? (They were upset and thought it was a waste. They thought Jesus should not be kind to her.)
- Why did the woman do all of this? (To express her love and thankfulness because Jesus had forgiven her of all the rules she had broken and the bad things she had done.)
- What did Jesus do for all of us because of His great love? (He died on the cross to rescue us. Then He rose from the dead so now when we come to Jesus He forgives us and brings us into His family.)
- What are some ways we can thank God?
Below is a coloring page that you can download and print. On it you will find spaces around the “I am thankful” bubble. Write or draw things in the spaces that you are thankful for. Use it to express thanks for what God has done for us. You can do one together as a family, or do it individually.
2. Pray together.
Take turns giving thanks to God for specific things you are each thankful for. After everyone has had a turn, close with this prayer:
Thank you for creating us. Thank you for Jesus. Thank you or all you have given us. May our lives and our words and our actions show you how much we love you and how thankful we are. We give our hearts and our lives to You.
In Jesus’s name, Amen
4. Sing together.
Here are some songs to help you sing your thanks!
Practice our memory verse by singing it: