November 29, 2020
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Advent 1 – Christmas Isn’t Canceled!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
1. Talk about it
Review the Bible story and lesson together.
- What do we call this time of year that begins four Sundays before Christmas when we prepare to celebrate the arrival of Jesus? (Advent)
- Why did we need a rescuer? (We had strayed from God.)
- Who is the Rescuer? (The Lord Jesus)
2. The Marvelous Memory Verse Challenge
Work on learning the memory verse together.
- A great way to start is to have your kids write it down. Then put the paper somewhere where they will see if daily.
- Make it part of your daily family routine this week. Find a time such as after a meal or before bedtime to practice the verse and talk about it.
There were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.” This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests.” – Luke 2:8-14
3. Pray Together
Begin by thanking God for sending Jesus to rescue us. Thank Him for this Advent time when we can focus on what He did for us.
Close by reciting the Lord’s Prayer together.
4. Join us Mondays on Zoom
For the four weeks of Advent we’ll gather on Monday nights to celebrate the Advent theme of the week. This is for all ages — the entire church FAMILY. Look for the link in the weekly newsletter. If you are not on our email list, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information.
5. Sing together
The following is the song the kids sang at the Christmas service last year – a wonderful Christmas song to remind us of what Christmas is all about.