December 6, 2020
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Advent 2: Wonder – God Has a Plan
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
1. Talk about it
Here are some questions to discuss and wonder about together from Luke 1:5-25
You can print this coloring page for your family to work on while you talk. (Thank you, Ms. Kelly for the WONDERful logo design!)
- What was the angel’s message to Zechariah? (Not to be afraid. He and Elizabeth were going to have a baby. They were to name the baby John.)
- What was God’s plan for John as a grown-up? (John was going to help the people return to God, preparing the people for Jesus.)
- How did Zechariah respond to the angel’s message? (He didn’t understand how the things the angel said could happen because he and his wife were old.)
- What happened to Zechariah when the baby was named “John”? (He was able to speak again. He praised God.)
- How do you think Zechariah and Elizabeth felt about their son having such an important job?
- God wants us to help prepare the way for Jesus too. How can we help others meet Jesus? Is there someone who doesn’t know Jesus that our family can share the Good News with? Pray for this person during the week and ask God to give you an opportunity to share His love with them.
2. Pray Together
Begin with the opening prayer below then take turns praying for people you know who need God.
“Dear God, help us this week to love and trust You like Zechariah and Elizabeth did. Help us to be full of wonder at how You work in our lives and in the world.”
3. The Marvelous Memory Verse Challenge
Continue to make the memory verse part of your daily family routine this week. Find a time such as after a meal or before bedtime to practice the verse and talk about it.
Here is a link to the song video on Youtube that will help your family memorize it. https://youtu.be/pBmTkQAEjBY
There were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.” This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests.” – Luke 2:8-14
4. Join us Mondays on Zoom
For the four weeks of Advent we’ll gather on Monday nights to celebrate the Advent theme of the week. This is for all ages — the entire church FAMILY. Look for the link in the weekly newsletter. If you are not on our email list, email email@example.com to receive more information.