December 20, 2020
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Advent 4: Wonder – A Gift For Everyone!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
1. Wonder together
Here are some questions to discuss and wonder about together from Luke 2:8-20
- Why is it surprising that God sent angels to announce the birth of Jesus to shepherds?
- How did the shepherds first respond when they saw the angel? (They were terrified.)
- What do you think the angel voices sounded like?
- How did the shepherds know where to find the baby? (The angel told them He would be wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.)
- How do you think the shepherds felt when they first saw Jesus?
- Imagine that you were one of the shepherds. After seeing Jesus what would you have told people?
- What can we tell people about Jesus?
2. Pray Together
Begin with the opening prayer below then take turns thanking God for His amazing love and expressing love back to Him.
“Dear God, You showed Your love by sending Jesus to rescue us. When He was born, You could have announced it to emperors and kings, but You chose ordinary shepherds to show us that Jesus came for everyone. God, we love You and we want to thank You for Your amazing love. Help us to share Your love with each other and with everyone we meet.”
4. Join us Mondays on Zoom
For the four weeks of Advent we gather on Monday nights to celebrate the Advent theme of the week. This is for all ages — the entire church FAMILY. Look for the link in the weekly newsletter. If you are not on our email list, contact email@example.com to receive more information.
5 Sing together!
Celebrate like the shepherds must have. They praised God and shared the good news that Jesus, the Savior, was born! (This is a favorite song of the Jr. Church kids that they often sing at Christmastime!)