January 24, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: God Sees the Heart
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions and activities to help you discuss the lesson with your kids:
- Who did God choose to be king after Saul? (David)
- Why was everyone surprised at who God picked? (Because on the outside, David was young and small. His brothers looked much more “kingly” than David did.)
- What did God explain to Samuel about how He chose David? (God explained that while people look at the outer appearance, God looks at the heart.)
- What did God see in David’s heart? (A person who loved God with his whole heart.)
- Do you remember the name of the book in the Bible that contains David’s songs and poems to God? (Psalms)
- Have everyone draw a heart on a piece of paper. Inside the heart write down this week’s memory verse. Then post them around the house to help you remember to express love to God like David did – with his whole heart.
“I love you, O Lord, my strength.” Psalm 18:1
Seek God together
Take some time to express your love to God. You can take turns telling God how much you love Him. Then end with this closing prayer:
Lord Jesus, you came to save us from sin. But when many people looked at you, they didn’t believe that you could be the Messiah. Even when you were dying on the cross, they couldn’t see. But three days later, when you rose from the dead, we knew. You are the true and forever king who came to save the world. You are our King. Help us to love you and praise you like David did — with our whole hearts. We love you, O Lord, our strength!
Here are some songs to sing along to and praise God together.