January 31, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Trust God – He’s the Strongest!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions to help you discuss the lesson with your kids:
- How would you describe Goliath? Why was he scary?
- Why did David say that he would fight Goliath? (He remembered God’s promise to be with His people and fight for them. He knew God was the strongest and he trusted God.)
- How did God rescue His people that day? (Have your kids recount the end of the story.)
- Many many years after David, God sent the greatest Hero who rescued us from sin and death. What is His name? (Jesus! Just like God sent David to save the people from Goliath, God sent Jesus to save us from our sin.)
- Is there anything you feel afraid about that you need to trust God to help you with?
- Practice the memory verse together:*
“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.” Psalm 20:7
*There is a song using the words from our memory verse in the “Celebrate together” section below.
Seek God together
Pray together about the answers your family gave for question #5 above. After each request has been prayed for, close with this prayer:
Thank you God for saving us from our sin. Thank you for always being with us. You are the strongest! Sometimes we feel afraid, but when we do, please help us to trust in your mighty power and your love. Please give us the courage we need to do whatever you want us to do. We love you Lord Jesus!
The first song contains all the words from our memory verse!
The second song is a reminder that you are never too young to serve God!