February 7, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Jesus First, Others Second, Then Yourself
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions and activities to help you discuss the lesson with your kids:
- Describe what Jonathan and David’s friendship was like. What promise did they make to each other?
- True or False: Jonathan was jealous of David. (False. King Saul became jealous of David.)
- How did Jonathan put God’s plans ahead of his own? (Normally, Jonathan would have been the next king, but he put that aside because He knew God wanted David to be king.)
- How did Jonathan put David ahead of himself? (Jonathan stood up for David, did everything he could to keep David safe and helped him escape.)
Print out this coloring page then…
- – Talk about ways you can all put God and others above yourselves.
- – Ask your kids why they think putting God and others before ourselves gives us joy. Share your own experiences with your kids.
- – Have everyone write out the memory verse on the bottom of their coloring pages. Hang the coloring pages on the fridge and say the verse together every day.
- – Encourage each other to put it into practice daily.
“Be humble. Value others above yourselves” Psalm 20:7
Seek God together
Having a humble attitude starts with surrendering to God. Say this prayer together:
“God, thank you for loving us and valuing us so much that you died to save us. Thank you for rising again and for forgiving us. We want to live for you and put you first in our lives every day. May what you want be more important to us than what we want. Then, with your love in our hearts, may we look out for the good of others around us every day. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”