March 7, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Stay Focused And Faithful
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions and activities to help you discuss the lesson with your kids:
1. What is wisdom? (The ability to make right choices.)
2. Why did Solomon ask for wisdom instead of riches or fame or something else? (He knew he needed God’s help and wisdom to take good care of God’s people.)
3. How did God feel when Solomon asked for wisdom? (He was happy and gave Solomon more than just wisdom.)
4. Did Solomon stay focused on God and faithful to Him? Why not?
5. Have there been times when you have lost focus on God? What happened?
6. Discuss ways that can help us stay focused and faithful. Parents, share from your own experiences (both successes and failures) and help your kids come up with practical ideas like praying in the morning, reading a verse at breakfast . . . ideas to help them keep their eyes on Jesus and faithfully follow Him.
Memory Verse Time! As a reminder that God is the King, have your kids draw a picture of a crown then have them write the memory verse inside it. You can also print out this crown template to use.
“Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well.” – Matthew 6:33
Seek God together
Does anyone need wisdom in making choices? Does anyone need God to help them stay focused and faithful?
Spend a few moments in silent prayer encouraging everyone to ask God for what they need. Remind them that God loves us and wants to help us.
After a few minutes, have someone close with this prayer:
“O Lord Jesus, You are our wise and perfect King and you are always faithful to us. Thank you that we can ask you for wisdom and you want to give it to us. Please grant us wisdom to make the right choices every day. Please help us to keep our eyes on You and not get distracted by things that would tempt us to stray. Help us to put You first and faithfully follow You. We love You, O God.”
Here is a song from Matthew chapter 6. It contains our memory verse!