March 28, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Breaking News… To Share!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions and activities to help you discuss the lesson with your kids. While you talk, have your kids color in the memory verse coloring page:
- Palm Sunday is the day we celebrate when Jesus arrived in
- a. Bethlehem
- b. Jerusalem
- c. Nazareth
3. Why did Jesus ride into Jerusalem on a donkey?
- a. Kings would ride on donkeys when they came in peace;
- b. The Old Testament said the Messiah would come, gentle and riding on a donkey.
- c. Both a. and b.
4. What did the people wave in the air and throw on the ground in front of Him to honor Him?
- a. Palm branches
- b. Their coats.
- c. Both a. and b.
5. The people were shouting “Hosanna!” This was a way of saying, “Hooray! Our _____________________ has come to save us! (Answer: Rescuer)
6. The crowds didn’t understand God’s bigger plan that Jesus had come to Jerusalem to
- a. die on the cross
- b. save us from our sins
- c. both a. and b.
7. Talk about ways you can share the Good News of Jesus with others this week.
Memory Verse Time! After discussing the lesson and coloring in the page, recite the memory verse together:
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
– John 3:16
Seek God together
Take turns voicing sentence prayers of praise to God. Everyone can use this sentence as a guide and fill in the blank: “Hosanna! Jesus, You are our Rescuer! Thank you for ________________.
Then pray the Lord’s Prayer together:
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory now and forever. Amen.
Unlike the crowds who were shouting Hosanna when Jesus entered Jerusalem, we know Jesus came to die and rise again! We know what He went through to save us! We have so much more to praise Him for! Let’s celebrate together!