April 11, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: The Lord is the Only God
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions and activities to help you talk about the lesson with your family.
Start off by having a little contest to see who can answer these first three questions the quickest:
- What was the name of the most evil king? (Ahab)
2. What was the name of his wife? (Jezebel)
3. Who was the prophet who bravely confronted Ahab? (Elijah)
4. Ask your kids to explain what happened on Mount Carmel when God showed His power in an amazing way.
5. Talk about ways we can show we believe that God is the only God. (Talk about how to love and obey God.)
Seek God together
Like the people who fell down in worship when they recognized that the Lord is the one and only God, kneel down together before the Lord.
Then take a few moments to be quiet and think about how awesome God is.
Next, take turns saying sentence prayers of worship to God by completing this sentence: “God you are so _____________________ and I love You.” (You’re not limited to this sentence. Encourage everyone to express their worship in their own words.)
Close your time by reciting the memory verse together:
Know and believe today that the Lord is God. He is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other God.
– Deuteronomy 4:29 (NCV)
Here are a couple of songs about our one true God!