April 25, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: God Deserves the Credit
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions and activities to help you talk about the lesson with your family.
1. Who was Naaman? a) a shepherd or b) commander of Aram’s army | ANSWER: b.
2. What disease did Naaman have? a) Lyme disease or b) Leprosy | ANSWER: b.
3. Who told Naaman about how Elisha could help him? a) a servant girl or b) the king of Aram | ANSWER: a. (Remind your kids that the servant girl had been captured by the Arameans. She could have hated Naaman and his wife, but instead she forgave and loved them.)
4. When Naaman got to Elisha’s house, what did Elisha’s messenger tell Naaman to do? (To dip himself in the Jordan river seven times and then he would be healed.)
5. When God healed Naaman, how much money did Naaman give Elisha as payment for his healing? (NOTHING! Elisha would not take any money from Naaman because God healed him as a free gift. Elisha gave God the credit.)
6. Naaman returned home giving God the credit for healing him. What are some things we can give God credit for in our lives?
- – This week, at the end of each day (at dinnertime or bedtime) have each family member give God credit for at least one thing each day.
7. Practice the memory verse! At the bottom of this page, under “celebrate together” you’ll find a great song using the words from this week’s verse.
By grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God. – Ephesians 2:8 (ESV)
Seek God together
As the lesson video explained, God’s grace is His undeserved free gift of rescue, forgiveness, and love. Use this opportunity to ask your child if they have said “yes” to God’s gift. Have they said “yes” to following Jesus? If they haven’t, ask them if they want to. Then lead them in a prayer similar to this…
Lord Jesus, You came to rescue us and bring us back into Your family. Thank You for loving us and for dying on the cross for our sin. I believe that You rose from the dead and You are alive to forgive us and be with us. I put my faith and trust in You. Help me to follow You for the rest of my life.
Take a few moments to give God thanks. Do you remember some of the things you listed in #6 in the above “Explore Together” section? Take turns saying sentence prayers of thanks to God, giving Him the credit for all He does for us.
Here is a song that puts our memory verse to music with fun verses in between!