May 23, 2021 – Pentecost Sunday
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: We All Need The Holy Spirit
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions to help you talk about the lesson with your family.
Before you begin, light a candle.
1. What part of the lesson does the flame of our candle remind you of? (The flames of fire that came to rest on each of the disciples on the Day of Pentecost.)
2. What were the 3 signs that happened on the day of Pentecost? What do these signs make you think of? (the sound of a huge wind, flames, languages; they make us think of God’s power and His Presence with us.)
3. What would you have thought if you had been one of the disciples and you saw and heard these things?
4. How does it make you feel knowing that God is always with you?
5. The Holy Spirit is the Helper Jesus sent. In what ways do you need His help? (Take turns sharing.)
6. There are many people who need to know God’s love. Think of one or two people you know as a family and talk about how you could share God’s love with them.
Seek God together
Begin your time of prayer by taking turns thanking God for the Holy Spirit and how He helps us.
Then, pray for the people you talked about in #6 above. Ask God for His Kingdom to come to their lives.
Then close with this prayer:
Lord, we need the Holy Spirit! Please baptize us in the Holy Spirit like you baptized your followers on the day of Pentecost in the book of Acts. Please give us Your power every day to love and obey you, to love each other, and to tell our friends and families and neighbors and the world about you! Help us remember that you are with us. Thank you Lord! In Jesus’ Name.
Here is a song you can sing and dance to as you celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit and the power He gives us!