June 6, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: God’s Word Is A Treasure!
Before you begin:
- Print a copy of the coloring page below for everyone. If you don’t have access to a printer, have plain paper and pencils ready.
2. Hide a Bible somewhere in your home. Then after you watch the video, tell your kids to find it.
Watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Have your kids race to find the hidden Bible! Then gather for the rest of your time together.
Memory verse practice: On the bottom of the coloring page or on a piece of paper have your kids copy down the memory verse if they are able: “The Law You gave is worth more to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.” – Psalm 119:72
Then, have everyone color the picture while you discuss these questions about the lesson:
1. How old was Josiah when he became king (8 years old)
2. Josiah started to have the Temple repaired. What did they find while they were fixing it? (The book of the Law – God’s Word. You can explain that it was a scroll.)
3. When they read the book to Josiah, he became sad and upset. Why? (Because he realized the people hadn’t been following God’s Word.)
4. What did Josiah do right away with the book? (He read God’s Word to the people. Then they all promised to follow God.)
5. Why is it important for us to read God’s Word?
6. Parents, share what a treasure God’s Word is in your life. Share a testimony about how His word has changed you or helped you.
DURING THE WEEK: Encourage your family to have daily quiet time this week.
- Pick a book or section of the Bible and get everyone reading it during their quiet time.
- Then in the evening, talk about it. Ask everyone to share what they learned about God from what they read.
Seek God together
Close with a prayer:
Heavenly Father, the Bible is a treasure you have given us. Help us to read it, understand it, and to store it in our hearts that we might not sin against You. May Your Word draw us closer to You, help us to know you better and love you more. Thank You for your great love for us, Oh God, and for all that You have done. In the Name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.
This song is about storing up God’s Word in our hearts!