June 13, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: The Perfect King
Watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions to help you talk about the lesson with your family.
1. What are some ways God showed His patience with Judah? (He gave them a lot of time, He sent prophets to warn them, He forgave them over and over.)
2. When God removed His protection from Judah, what empire attacked and took the people into exile? (The Babylonians)
3. What lessons can we learn from the Time of the Kings? Fill in the blanks with one of the choices:
- – _____________ follow their example.
- a. Always
- b. Sometimes
- c. Don’t
- ANSWER: c
- – When we sin we should repent _________________________.
- a. right away
- b. when you feel like it
- c. after a few days.
- ANSWER: a.
- – God’s love _________________________.
- a. never ends
- b. is perfect
- c. both a & b
- ANSWER: c
4. Who is our perfect King who lives forever? (Jesus)
MEMORY VERSE PRACTICE: See who can recite the memory verse without looking! Family members can do the hand motions to help each other remember.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.
– Psalm 136:1
Seek God together
Close by saying the Lord’s prayer together
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory now and forever.
Here are a couple of songs to sing together about God’s forever love!