June 20, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Cleaning up the Yard
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions to help you talk about the lesson with your family. Your kids can color this coloring page while you talk.
1. In Paul’s letter to the Galatians in the Bible, he gives examples of stuff that grows out of sin. Can you name some of his examples? (Examples: Selfishness, hate, jealousy, rage…)
2. Paul said that with the God’s Holy Spirit inside us, the fruit that comes out is very different than the stuff that sin grows. What is this fruit called? (ANSWER: The Fruit of the Spirit)
3. Can you name the fruit of the Spirit without looking at your coloring page?
4. True or False: When we follow Jesus, the power of the Holy Spirit will make us like Him. (ANSWER: True)
Seek God together
First, tell your family that over the summer we’ll be learning all about the different “fruit” God wants to grow in our lives. Say that you’re looking forward to the good changes God will make in each of us. Then do the following:
1. Have each family member share the fruit they think they have a lot of in their lives. Affirm each other by giving examples of how you see that fruit in their lives.
2. Next, have everyone share a fruit they are lacking or need God to grow more of in their lives.
3. End by saying the Lord’s Prayer together. But, when you get to the part of “Give us this day our daily bread,” pause and take turns praying for God to grow the specific fruit you each mentioned. You can each complete this sentence, “God please grow more of the fruit of _______ in my life.”
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
Here is where to pause and each pray: “God please grow more of the fruit of __________ in my life. (When everyone has had a turn, continue with the rest of the Lord’s Prayer…)
And forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory now and forever.
The first song video is from 2 Corinthians 5:17 – our memory verse!
- – As you sing it, stand and do the hand motions you learned from the lesson video.
- – Let your hearts be filled with thankfulness for God’s forgiveness and His work in our lives as you sing.
The second video is a fun song to help you learn the Fruit of the Spirit.