June 27, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Stay Connected
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions to help you talk about the lesson with your family.
1. What happened to Paul that changed him from being full of hate to full of love? (He met Jesus, said “Yes” to Him, and was filled with the Holy Spirit.)
2. Take turns pretending to be Paul and sharing how it felt to meet Jesus, become blind, then see again after being prayed for by Ananias.
3. Then have everyone pretend they’re Ananias. Have them answer these questions: How did it feel when the Lord told you to pray for Paul? Were you afraid? How did you feel after you obeyed God and prayed for Paul?
4. Jesus said our relationship with Him is like a vine and its branches. Who is the vine and who are the branches? (Jesus is the vine and we are the branches.)
5. Because Paul and Ananias were connected to God like branches to a vine, beautiful things like love grew in their lives like fruit on branches! God wants to grow beautiful things in our lives too. It starts by being connected to Jesus like branches on a vine. Ask your kids if they are connected to Jesus and if they have any questions about it. …This is an opportunity to lead your child to accept Christ if he or she hasn’t already. Pray with your child, encouraging them to ask Jesus to forgive their sin, be their King and fill them with His Holy Spirit.
Seek God together
Encourage each other to stay connected to Jesus so you can grow more fruit! Hold hands in a circle and have each family member turn to the person next to them and say, “May the Holy Spirit grow beautiful things in your life as you stay connected to Jesus!”
Then close with this prayer:
Lord Jesus, thank you for rescuing us and connecting us to Yourself! We love you and want to be your branches. We need the Holy Spirit to grow us. Keep us close to you. In Your Name, Lord Jesus, we pray.
Being branches on the Vine is something to rejoice about! We are His! We’re connected to Him like branches on a tree!
Let part of your celebration time be singing the memory verse with the video below using the motions you learned in the lesson video.
I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
– John 15:5
The second video is a fun song to help you learn the Fruit of the Spirit.