August 15, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are discussion questions and activities to help you talk about the lesson with your family.
Print this coloring page then talk about the questions below while you color… The-Fiery-Furnace
- Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego were so faithful to God! Would you have been as faithful? (It’s not easy but God will help us – that’s why it’s a fruit of the Spirit.)
2. Let’s talk about God’s faithfulness… Can you think of ways God is faithful to us?
3. God’s faithfulness to us makes us want to be faithful back to God. How can we show faithfulness back to God?
More for the week… To carry the discussion into the week and talk about how we can be faithful, print these Faithfulness Cards. The cards contain situations that involve faithfulness or unfaithfulness. Pick one to read each night at dinner time that are age appropriate for your kids. Let a different family member read the card each night. Then…
- – For each card have everyone vote whether they think the situation involves someone being faithful or unfaithful.
- – If the situation involves someone being unfaithful, have kids share what they would have done to show faithfulness.
Memory Verse Practice: Use this coloring page to help your family commit this week’s verse to memory. Proverbs-17-17
Seek God together
Build a prayer together using the P.R.A.Y. method. Assign the following parts to family members to pray aloud. Encourage them to add their own words if they feel like it.
P – (PRAISE)
Oh Lord, thank You for being faithful to us. We know we can always count on You. Your faithful love endures forever!
R – (REPENT)
Lord, we confess that we are not always faithful like You. Forgive us for the times we disobey and when we don’t love you back as we should. Forgive us for not being faithful to each other too.
A – (ASK)
Heavenly Father, as Your children we want to be like You. Please grow the fruit of faithfulness in each of us. Help us to stay close to You and never forget You are with us. Help us keep our promises. Help us do what we say we’re going to do. Help us be there for our family, our friends, and our neighbors through thick and thin.
Y – (YIELD)
Dear God, it isn’t always easy for us to be faithful. But we yield to You. Please work in our lives. Help us to be faithful to You and to others – even when it is difficult – so that we can be counted on through thick or through thin! In Jesus’ Name. Amen”
Praise God in song for his faithful love.