September 5, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: It’s a Fruit Wrap!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Talk about the lesson with your family. Here’s how to wrap up our series by teaching the Fruit Sandwich idea to your kids:
- 1. Have your kids write out the list of the Fruit of the Spirit. (For younger children, write it out for them as they recite the fruit to you.)
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness & self-control.(From Galatians 5:22-23)
- 2. Then say: It’s interesting that Paul’s list of the fruit of the Spirit begins with LOVE and ends with SELF-CONTROL. When you think about it, can we have any of the other fruit without love or self-control? For example…
- – Can you have kindness without love? Can you have faithfulness without love? (No – you need love to have kindness and to be faithful.)
- – Can you have patience without self-control? Can you have gentleness without self-control? (No – you need self-control to be patient and gentle.)
- 3. Conclude by explaining: So Paul’s list is sort of like a fruit of the Spirit sandwich – love on top, self-control underneath, and the rest of the wonderful fruit in the middle!
Seek God together
Directions: Print out this Fruit of the Spirit Praise Prayer sheet. Then fill in the blanks according to the instructions you will see on the sheet to create your own prayer of praise.
- – You can even do this together each night with a different fruit of the Spirit.
- – Or it can be an activity your kids do on their own and share with the family after.
A Blessing: Conclude the Fruit of the Spirit series with a blessing to pray over your family:
Oh God, may we grow in all the Fruit of the Spirit as we learn to follow You. May we know Your love and overflow with it. Please help us to walk with You every day of our lives. In the Name of our Lord Jesus we pray. Amen.
Here are two songs about the Fruit of the Spirit: