October 31, 2021
Parents, just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Thank You Friends!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Talk about the lesson with your family…
- 1. Ask you kids about their good friends. What makes them special?
- 2. What are the things Jonathan and David did that showed their friendship?
- 3. What are some ways can we be good friends to the people we care about?
- 4. What are some ways you can show your friends that you are thankful for them?
Here is a template you can use to color a thank you card and send to a friend.
You can invite a friend to church or to watch Church At Home! Here is an invitation template you can use:
- 5. Recite the memory verse together:
“In everything gives thanks, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
– 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Seek God together
Take turns naming your friends and ask God to bless them. Then close with this prayer:
Thank you for all the good gifts you’ve given us, including our friends. Bless them all, we pray. Please give us the love we need to be good friends too. And most of all we thank You Lord Jesus, for being the most awesome Friend of all. You gave Your life for us and You rose again. Your love and faithfulness are beyond compare. Thank you for always being there. Help us to love You with all our hearts.
In Jesus’s name,
The first video is our memory verse put to music!
The second video is a great song to express an attitude of gratitude!