November 28, 2021
Parents, follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together.
Lesson: Advent Begins!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Talk about the lesson with your family…
- 1. The teacher mentioned several stories from the Old Testament. Let’s see how many you can name!
- 2. What did God promise to do in the Old Testament? (To take care of His children and send a Rescuer.)
- 3. What does Advent mean? (Coming or arrival.)
- 4. What part of the Bible will we hear the Christmas story from this Advent season during Church At Home? (The Gospel of Luke)
- 5. We learned a few things about Luke from Ricky in the video. Can you remember any? (He was a friend of the Apostle Paul, he was a doctor, he was smart, he wrote about the life and teachings of Jesus that we now call the Gospel of Luke — it’s like a biography about Jesus.)
Work on the Marvelous Memory Verse Challenge together.
- – A great way to start is to have your kids write it down if they are old enough. Then put the paper somewhere where they will see if daily.
- – Make it part of your daily family routine this month. Find a time such as after a meal or before bedtime to practice the verse and talk about it.
- – Here is the link to the memory verse song you can play on Youtube: https://youtu.be/pBmTkQAEjBY
There were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.” This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests.” – Luke 2:8-14
Seek God together
Here is a prayer for this first week of Advent:
Dear God, as we begin this season of Advent, please help us to focus on You. Thank you for this special time of year that helps us do that. You deserve all of our attention and love and praise. You love us and rescued us. Thank You God! We love you with all our hearts!
Click HERE a wonderful Christmas song to remind us of what Christmas is all about. (The kids sang it for the congregation two years ago!)