December 12, 2021
Parents, follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together.
Lesson: Advent Week 3 – A Baby!
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions to discuss and wonder about together from Luke 1:26-38; 2:1-7
- 1. In the time of the Old Testament, what kind of Rescuer did they imagine would come? (A warrior king who would wipe out their enemies.)
- 2. Why did Joseph and Mary have to go to Bethlehem? (Bethlehem was Joseph’s home town and the emperor wanted everyone to go back to their towns to be counted.)
- 3. What did Mary and Joseph use as Jesus’ cradle when He was born? (The animals’ manger)
- 4. Why did God come as a baby? (1. So He could experience everything that we experience. 2. So He could live a whole life without sinning and then he could save us.)
- 5. Knowing that Jesus lived a humble life and experienced everything that we do, how does that make you feel? What does it make you wonder? What does it make you realize about God?
Seek God together
Ask if any family members have something they would like to pray about. Then end with this prayer together.
Dear God, thank you for coming as a baby. Help us remember that you understand what it’s like to be one of us and we can come to You with anything. Help us remember that because you lived a sinless life You can save us, take away our sin, and make us new. Please forgive us and help us to love and follow You with all our hearts. May we be full of wonder as we remember Your wonderful love for us.
Here’s a song the kids performed a few years ago for Christmas. Sing out His praise… it’s Christmastime!