December 19, 2021
Parents, follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids worshipping God and learning from His Word together.
Lesson: Advent Week 4 – A Gift for Everyone
First watch this lesson video:
After the video…
Here are some questions to discuss and wonder about together from Luke 2:8-20
- 1. How respected and important were shepherds in Bible times? (Not very respected or important.)
- 2. What does the fact that God announced Jesus’ birth to shepherds tell us about the Good News? (It’s for everyone – Jesus came for all of us!)
- 3. How did the shepherds first respond when they saw the angel? (They were terrified.) How would you have felt?
- 4. How do you think the shepherds felt when they found Jesus and saw Him lying in the manger?
- 5. What did the shepherds do after they saw Jesus? (They told everyone what happened.)
- 6. Imagine you were one of the shepherds. After seeing Jesus what would you have told people?
- 7. What can we tell people about Jesus?
Seek God together
Close by saying this prayer together:
“Dear God, You showed Your love by sending Jesus to rescue us. When He was born, You could have announced it to emperors and kings, but You chose ordinary shepherds to show us that Jesus came for everyone. God, we love You and we want to thank You for Your amazing love. Help us to share Your love with each other and with everyone we meet.”
Celebrate like the shepherds must have. They praised God and shared the good news that Jesus, the Savior, was born! (This is a favorite song of the Jr. Church kids that they often sing at Christmastime!)