May 22, 2022
Sailing the Sixty-Six: Have Faith in God. He’ll Take Good Care of You.
First watch this lesson video:
Here are questions to help you talk about the lesson with your kids.
1. What good things did King Jehoshaphat do for Judah? (He got rid of the idols, sent officials to all the towns to teach God’s Law, and helped make Judah safe.)
2. What did Jehoshaphat do when he found out three armies were going to attack Judah? (He looked to God for help and led the people in prayer.)
3. What was God’s message to Jehoshaphat? (God would fight for them, rescue them, and be with them. God told them not to be afraid.)
4. Who did King Jehoshaphat put in front of the army when they went into battle? (A choir singing praises to God)
5. What did Jehoshaphat and the army find when they arrived for the battle? (The enemy armies had fought each other.)
6. How did the people of Judah respond after seeing that God rescued them? (They were filled with joy and praised God with beautiful music.)
Seek God together
To introduce your time of prayer, remind your kids that for Jehoshaphat and his people, it seemed like it was impossible to beat three armies.
Then say: “But they prayed and trusted God. Is there anything that you are worried about? Let’s pray to God together. First, let’s remember Jehoshaphat’s encouraging words and say them together…”
“Have faith in the Lord your God. He’ll take good care of you.” 2 Chronicles 20:20
Take turns sharing prayer requests and then pray for each other.
Next, praise God together using the suggestion in the next section.
Praise God like the people of Judah did! First, have your kids start thinking of all the ways God has taken care of them. Tell them to keep listing them in their heads. Then have everyone stop. Take turns praising God aloud by completing the sentence, “God you take care of me by ____________”
End with this song that contains the words Jehoshaphat’s choir sang in front of the army! Younger children might want to march around the room as you sing this song of praise together.