July 17, 2022
Sailing the Sixty-Six: The Perfect King
First watch this lesson video:
Here are questions to help you talk about the lesson with your kids.
1. What are some ways God showed His patience with Judah.(He gave them a lot of time, He sent prophets to warn them, He forgave them over and over.)
2. When God removed His protection from Judah, what empire attacked and took the people into exile?(The Babylonians)
3. We learned three lessons from the time of the kings. Fill in the blank for the first lesson: _____________ follow their example.
- a. Always
- b. Sometimes
- c. Don’t
4. Fill in the blank for the second lesson we learned: When we sin we should repent _____________________.
- a. right away
- b. when you feel like it
- c. after a few days.
5. Fill in the blank for the third lesson we learned: God’s love ______________________.
- never ends
- is perfect
- both a & b
6. Who is our perfect King who lives forever? (Jesus)
7. Fill in the blanks of the MEMORY VERSE:
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is ___________. (good) His love endures ______________. (forever) – Psalm 36:1
Seek God together
Close with this prayer:
“Lord, You have taught us so much from this part of our Bible journey. You had such mercy on your people and you have so much mercy on us too. Thank You, God! Forgive us, Oh God, for the times we forget about You. You are always thinking of us and loving us. Thank You for your forever love. Help us to follow You, Lord Jesus, our perfect King! You love us and we want to love you back. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit and help us to faithfully follow you every day. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
Here are a couple of songs to sing together about God’s forever love!