March 22, 2020
Never Fear, Jesus is Here
Tell your kids: Today we’re going to be reminded that no matter what’s happening around us, God is with us. We don’t need to fear because Jesus is here. We’re going to take a look at some things Jesus did that His friends wrote about. These things are going to remind us that Jesus is powerful and He came to rescue us. He is our Rescuer, our Savior. Never fear, Jesus is here.
First watch this lesson video:
Here are questions and activities to help you talk about the lesson with your kids.
1. What are some things you heard about Jesus from the stories that are amazing?
2. Have your kids draw a picture of their favorite scene from one of the three stories. On the bottom of the page, have them write, “Never fear, Jesus is here.”
3. As they draw, talk about it. Here are some ideas to spark discussion:
- Have them re-tell the story of the scene they picked to draw.
- Ask them why they chose it.
- Ask: How would you have felt watching Jesus do this miracle.
- How does it make you feel about God?
4. Practice the memory verse together:
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. – Psalm 46:1
Seek God together
Get ready to pray together.
Ask your kids, “When are some times you start to fear and need to remember that Jesus is here?”
Then say that there are many people afraid in the world today. Let’s pray for:
- people who are sick,
- doctor and nurses who are helping them,
- our leaders who have to make important decisions
- our family, friends and neighbors to stay healthy.
Pray together. You may want to take turns praying for each other and then praying for these specific needs in our world.
Sing this song together and remind each other to never fear because Jesus is here!