March 29, 2020
Parents, you’re the teacher! This lesson is simple to use. Just go through this page from top to bottom, following the instructions as you go along. Have a great time with your kids at home worshipping God and learning from His Word together.
Jesus Served. We Will Too.
Bible Passage: John 13:1-17
Supplies Needed: Crayons/colored pencils and either this printed Coloring Page OR drawing paper
Watch these two videos:
Tell your kids: Today we’re going to learn about how Jesus showed His love by serving.
Then watch this video:
Discussion & Activity
After watching the videos, use the following questions/activities to talk about the lesson.
- Print this Coloring Page or you may want to draw your own pictures of Jesus washing the disciples’ feet. While you and your kids color or draw, ask:
- – What did you think of Jesus washing his disciples feet? Were you surprised that He did that? Why or why not?
- – If you were one of the disciples, how might you have felt as Jesus washed your feet?
- – Tell your kids: Nowadays we don’t wash each other’s feet like they did in Jesus’ day. But what are some ways we can serve each other here at home? In our community? At church? Share your ideas.
- – How are we doing as a family serving each other?
- – When is it difficult to serve one another in love?
- Get ready to pray. Tell your kids: We can only serve in love with God’s help. So let’s pray.
- – First take turns thanking our Lord Jesus for his great love for us.
- – Take turns praying that Jesus would help each of you to humbly serve one another in love and follow His example.
- – Pray for the different people in your community who are serving during this time like nurses and doctors, police and others.
- Catch each other serving this week! Put a page on the refrigerator where family members can write down the ways they’ve seen each other serving in love. Did you see someone:
- – Doing chores with a good attitude?
- – Willingly helping a sibling?
- – Doing something for a parent without being asked?
- – Doing a random act of kindness?
Watch this video:
After watching the video, commit this verse to memory this week as a family.
“Serve one another in love.” – Galatians 5:13
After Jesus and His disciples ate the Passover meal, they sang a song together. Do that now together as you sing along to this video:
When you’re finished, hold hands and pray this blessing over your family:
May the Holy Spirit fill our hearts with Jesus’ love as we humbly serve one another in love this week.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE LESSONS