April 5, 2020 – Palm Sunday
Parents, you’re the teacher! This lesson is simple to use. Just go through this page from top to bottom, following the instructions as you go along. Have a great time with your kids at home worshipping God and learning from His Word together.
We Have More To Praise Him For
Supplies Needed: Crayons/colored pencils, scissors, and either this printed template OR drawing paper
Tell your child that today is Palm Sunday. Then watch this video together:
Discussion & Activity
After watching the video, use the following questions/activities to talk about the lesson.
1. Many bad things happened to Jesus. What part of the story made you saddest?
2. Could Jesus have saved himself if He wanted to? (Yes)
3. Why did Jesus let Himself be killed? (He died to take the punishment for our sins. This was God’s rescue plan for us. He did it because He loved us.)
4. Introduce your kids to the memory verse for this week:
God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. – Romans 5:8
5. Get ready to pray together. Take turns thanking Jesus for loving us and for dying to rescue us. (You can also this as an opportunity to lead your kids in prayer to accept Christ into their lives if they haven’t already. Encourage them to pray from their hearts a simple prayer thanking Jesus for dying for them, asking for forgiveness, and committing their lives to Him.)
6. After praying, make palm branches using this template. (Or you can draw a similar one yourself.)
- – On one side, you can write the words to the memory verse (Romans 5:8)
- – On the other side, you can write words of praise to God.
- – As you work on this activity, ask your kids to imagine what it must have been like to be in Jerusalem the day Jesus came riding in on a donkey. What might your kids have shouted to Him to praise Him as he went by?
Praise our King Jesus in song. Here’s a good one:
When you’re finished, pray a blessing over your children. Hold hands and say:
[Child’s name], may you love Jesus the King with all your heart and praise Him forever.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE LESSONS