April 26, 2020
Build-A-Prayer Workshop #2
Parents, you’re the teachers! This lesson is simple to use. Just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids at home worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Start Your Prayer With Praise
- – Crayons/colored pencils
- – Plain Paper
- – Scissors
Bible Passage: Luke 17:11-19
[fullscreenvideo videourl=”https://vimeo.com/422216724″ autoplay=”0″ fullwidth=”yes”]
Discussion & Activities
Here are some questions and activities to help guide you in conversation with your child about the lesson after you watch it together. Let your interactions with your child help you determine what parts to use. Use this as a time to talk, learn, pray and worship together.
Today we learned what “hallowed be Your name” means. Does it mean that we should treat God and His name as unimportant or VERY important? (VERY important.)
Create hands full of praise:
- – First get all your supplies ready: Crayons/colored pencils, paper and scissors.
- – Then have everyone close their eyes for a minute to think about God’s goodness and all He has done for us.
- – Have everyone fold their paper in half along its short edge. Place the pinky side of your hand at the told and draw an outline of your hand.
[imic_image image=”https://freedomhillcommunitychurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/IMG_7867.jpeg” width=”” height=”” extraclass=””][/imic_image]
- – Cut out the outline of your hand being careful not to cut through the center. Open the paper and you’ll have two hands.
- – On the hands you can write words or sentences of praise to God, or draw a picture of something you want to praise God for. Or you can even write the memory verse:
“Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever.” Psalm 100:4-5
[imic_image image=”https://freedomhillcommunitychurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/IMG_9198.jpeg” width=”” height=”” extraclass=””][/imic_image]
- As you work on this activity…
- – Talk about the story of the ten lepers. Ask: If you were one of the ten lepers, how would you have felt looking at your skin and seeing that it was clear and that Jesus healed you?
- – Talk about the different things we can praise God for. Be sure to not just talk about the things God does for us but ALSO God’s attributes – we can praise God for who He is.
Say the Lord’s Prayer together.
- – After you say, “hallowed be Your name,” pause and let everyone tell God something that’s great about Him.
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory now and forever.
Singing is a great way to praise God. It’s like putting your prayer to music! At the end of this webpage are some great praise songs you can sing together and learn so you can sing them throughout the week as you gather for family prayer, when you’re praying on your own, or whenever you want!
A challenge for the week: If you’re not already in the habit of praying together daily as a family, start today! Set aside time to gather and talk with God. This week, start each time of prayer with someone reading a verse from one of the following psalms as a way of starting your PRAYER with PRAISE!
- – Psalm 34:1-4
- – Psalm 89:1-2
- – Psalm 90: 1-2
- – Psalm 91:1-2
- – Psalm 100:1-5
- – Psalm 117:1-2
- – Psalm 145:1-9
Blessing: Pray a blessing over your children:
[Child’s name], may your eyes always be open to see how wonderful God is and may your heart always be filled with His praise.
Here are some great songs to sing God’s praises…
[fullscreenvideo videourl=”https://youtu.be/U_ewLEvA8_o” autoplay=”0″ fullwidth=”yes”]
[fullscreenvideo videourl=”https://youtu.be/__tLcv3jjjA” autoplay=”0″ fullwidth=”yes”]
[fullscreenvideo videourl=”https://youtu.be/aDTymCWJbj4″ autoplay=”0″ fullwidth=”yes”]
[fullscreenvideo videourl=”https://youtu.be/9xPzTSpbYmk” autoplay=”0″ fullwidth=”yes”]
[imic_button colour=”btn-primary” type=”enabled” link=”https://freedomhillcommunitychurch.org/connect/children/” target=”_blank” extraclass=”” size=”btn-lg”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE LESSONS[/imic_button]