June 21, 2020
Parents, this lesson is simple to use. Just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids at home worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Real Love
Bible Passage: Luke 10:25-37
First watch this lesson video:
[fullscreenvideo videourl=”https://vimeo.com/431146587″ autoplay=”0″ fullwidth=”yes”]
Discussion & Activities
Now it’s time to talk about the lesson together. Let your interactions with your child help you determine what parts of this section to use. Use this as a time to talk, learn, pray and worship together.
1. Fun ways to talk about the lesson
Before discussing the questions below, pick one of these fun ways to review the story of the Good Samaritan:
- – Act out the parable from Luke 10:30 – 35. One person can be the narrator while the rest of the family acts out the different parts.
- – Print out this template and color together while you talk.
Here are questions to spark discussion about what we learned today:
- What are some ways God shows His love?
- How was the Samaritan’s love like God’s love?
- What are some ways we can show love to others this week?
- Are there people you are having trouble loving? Explain that real love is difficult on our own – that’s why it’s a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Share an example from your life of when God helped you to love. Encourage your child to seek God’s help.
- See if anyone can recite the Memory verse from 1 John 4:19.
2. Pray together
Build a prayer together using the P.R.A.Y. method from the Build-a-Prayer workshop.
Assign the following parts to family members to pray aloud. Encourage them to add their own words if they feel like it.
P – (PRAISE)
Thank you God for loving us so much! You loved us so much that you died for us. You are alive again and You love us no matter what. Your love never ends. It’s as high as the sky is above the earth. We love you God!
R – (REPENT)
God, forgive us for not loving You the way You deserve. Forgive us for not loving others. We can be so selfish. We confess that our love runs out. Forgive us, Lord.
A – (ASK)
God, please help us love others. We can’t do it on our own because our love runs out. We need Your help. When it’s hard to show love, please remind us that You first loved us. Please grow the fruit of love in us – the kind of love You have for everyone. Fill us with your Holy Spirit and help us love everyone like you do.
Y – (YIELD)
God, we want Your love to live in us. When we find it difficult to love others and we feel like ignoring those who need our help, please help us to want what You want. Help us to say yes to You and follow Your example Lord Jesus. You loved us and put us before Yourself. Please help us to put you first in our lives.
3. Sing together
Singing is like putting your prayer to music! Here are two songs about love.
[fullscreenvideo videourl=”https://youtu.be/VEHKONJGW4I” autoplay=”0″ fullwidth=”yes”]
[fullscreenvideo videourl=”https://youtu.be/LYlkcoAfLU4″ autoplay=”0″ fullwidth=”yes”]
[imic_button colour=”btn-primary” type=”enabled” link=”https://freedomhillcommunitychurch.org/connect/children/” target=”_blank” extraclass=”” size=”btn-lg”]CLICK HERE FOR MORE LESSONS[/imic_button]