August 2, 2020
Parents, this lesson is simple to use. Just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids at home worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Through Thick And Thin
Bible Passage: Daniel 3
First watch this lesson video:
Discussion & Activities
Now it’s time to talk about the lesson together.
Let your interactions with your child help you determine what parts of this section to use. Use this as a time to talk, learn, pray and worship.
These activities can also extend into the week.
1. Talk about the lesson
Print one or both of these coloring pages:
Talk about these questions while you color:
1. What did you learn about faithfulness from Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego?
2. What are some examples of God’s faithfulness?
3. What is one way we can be faithful to God?
4. What are some ways we can be faithful to others?
5. Have everyone make a list of 3 responsibilities they can take on this week. Examples can be helping around the house with a chore or helping a friend. Commit to be faithful in completing the tasks on your list.
During the week:
To carry the discussion into the week, use these Faithfulness Cards. The cards contain situations that involve faithfulness or unfaithfulness. Pick ones to read each night at dinner time that are age appropriate for your kids. Let a different family member read the card each night. They should:
- Read the situation on the card, then have everyone share whether they think the situation involves someone being faithful or unfaithful.
- If the situation involves someone being unfaithful, have everyone share what they would have done to show faithfulness.
2. Pray together
Use the P.R.A.Y. method from the Build-a-Prayer workshop.
P – (PRAISE)
- Take turns praising God for the ways He shows His faithfulness.
R – (REPENT)
- Have a few moments of silence for everyone to quietly confess to God times they have not been faithful.
A – (ASK)
- Take turns praying for help and strength to be faithful to God, to be faithful family members, to be faithful friends and faithful neighbors.
Y – (YIELD)
- Have someone close with this prayer: “Dear God, thank You for being faithful to us. We know we can always count on You. It isn’t always easy for us to be faithful. But we yield to You. Please work in our lives. Help us to be faithful to You and to others – even when it is difficult – so that we can be counted on too – through thick or through thin! In Jesus’ Name. Amen”
3. Sing together
Praise God in song for His faithfulness:
Here’s a fun song to help you learn the Fruit of the Spirit!CLICK HERE FOR MORE LESSONS