August 23, 2020
Parents, this lesson is simple to use. Just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids at home worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: It’s A Fruit Wrap!
First watch this lesson video:
Discussion & Activities
Here are ideas to help you talk, learn, pray and worship together. You can even save some parts to use during the week.
1. Talk about the lesson
Parents, you are going to introduce the Fruit Sandwich idea to your kids!
- – Have your kids write out the list of the Fruit of the Spirit. (If they are younger, write it out for them as you say each fruit.)
- – Then, look at the list together and notice aloud that Paul’s list begins with LOVE and ends with SELF-Control.
- – Discuss these two questions:
- Can you have any of the fruit without love? (For example, can you have kindness without love or faithfulness?)
- Can you have any of the fruit without self-control? (For example, can you have patience or gentleness without it?)
- – Then say: When you think about it, you can’t have any of the other fruits without either of these. So its like a fruit of the Spirit sandwich! – love on top, self-control underneath, and the rest of that good fruit in the middle!
An activity for during the week:
Directions: Print out the Fruit of the Spirit Praise Prayer sheet below. Fill in the blanks according to the instructions you will see and create your own prayer of praise.
You can either do this together each night with a different fruit of the Spirit, or it can be an activity your kids do on their own during the day and share with the family later on in the evening.
2. Pray together
“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”Galatians 5:22-23
All the fruit of the Spirit are qualities that God has. So first spend time praising God together by going through the list of the fruit and saying “God you are_______” for each of the fruit.
The Holy Spirit wants to grow beautiful things in our lives. So spend some time asking God to help you grow each of the fruit of the Spirit.
End with this blessing: May we grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. May we know God’s love and let Him lead us all the days of our lives. May the Holy Spirit fill us and help us grow as we learn to walk with Him. In Jesus’ name we pray.
3. Sing together
Here is the song taken from the lesson video – the series finale song by the puppets!