September 13, 2020
Parents, this lesson is simple to use. Just follow the instructions and have a great time with your kids at home worshipping God and learning from His Word together!
Lesson: Sail #2 – Bible Reading
First watch this lesson video:
Discussion & Activities
Here are ideas to help you talk, learn, pray and worship together. There are even parts to use during the week.
1. Talk about the lesson
Talk about the Bible lesson. Print a copy of this coloring page for everyone, then discuss the story of Josiah as you color using these questions!
- How old was Josiah when he became king?
- What did Josiah see when he looked around at his people? What were they doing? (They were worshipping idols and not following God.)
- Josiah started to have the Temple repaired. What did they find while they were fixing it? (The book of the Law – God’s Word)
- Why was Josiah sad and upset when they read the book to Him? (Because he realized the people hadn’t been following God’s Word.)
- What did Josiah do right away with the book? (He read God’s Word to the people. Then they all promised to follow God.)
- Why is it important for us to read God’s Word?
During the week:
Parents, encourage your family to have daily quiet time this week.
- Pick a book or section of the Bible and get everyone reading it during their quiet time.
- Then in the evening, talk about it. Ask everyone to share what they learned about God from what they read.
2. Pray together
Close with a prayer asking God to help you spend time in His Word regularly…
“Heavenly Father, the Bible is a treasure you have given us. This week, as we set aside time to read Your Word, help us to understand it and to store it in our hearts that we might not sin against You. May Your Word draw us closer to You and set us on course with you. Help us to know you better and love you more. Thank You for your great love for us, Oh God, and for all that You have done. In Jesus’ Name.”
3. Sing together
Here is the memory verse song again: